The Emerald Heights International School hosts the fifth edition of Emerald Heights Model United Nations (EHMUN) from April 24-26, 2018. The Chief Guest in the opening ceremony of the conference was Shri Jaivardhan Singhji, MLA of 14th Vidhan Sabha of Madhya Pradesh. He gave a keynote speech on MUNs and their role in shaping versatile personalities. Shri Jaivardhan Singhji spoke about his education and his interest in the new developing trends of globalization of education. He also expressed his appreciation for conferences like MUNs and how they help develop the young delegates into intelligent diplomats. The conference is being attended by 21 schools from all around the country and around 300 delegates from the age group of 14 to 17 years.
The six committees in the EHMUN 2018 were::
- United Nations Security Council-UNSC. Agenda: The situation in Afghanistan
- United Nations Human Rights Council-UNHRC. Agenda: Right to personal protection
- Press Corps. Agenda: Enhancing the potentiality and power of Penmanship
- Disarmament and International Security – DISEC. Agenda: Countering maritime piracy with special reference to the Arabian Sea and The Malacca Straits.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization-NATO. Agenda: Discussing the NATO Israel Relations in the post Iran era. Discussing the strategic perspectives of the Black Sea and the Balkans issue
- United States Senate – USS. Agenda: Immigration policy reforms.
All the committees are being chaired by the students from the Emerald Heights who have undergone extensive training. The conference helped delegates develop the skills necessary for negotiating, articulating and marketing their ideas along with gaining confidence about airing their views with conviction. On the last day the delegates were also awarded by the Principal in different categories.